Answers to the most frequently asked questions. Have a question that isn't covered here? Contact us via phone or e-mail and we’d be glad to help!
- I'm new to dancing, how do I start?
Just come in and let us show you how fun and easy dancing really is! We’ve been teaching longer than anyone in the business and have developed different programs designed to meet your needs. Our instructors have been specially trained to assist the new dancer so you can learn at your own pace. By using a combination of group lessons, private lessons and practice parties, our teaching system has proven to be successful. Let us help you get started with a free complimentary lesson.You can listen to and learn about many popular dances on our styles page.
- How long will it take to learn how to dance?
This is up to you. Your rate of advancement is dependent on a number of factors. We can introduce you to the basics in a variety of dances, or we can work on a specialized dance that you want to learn. We’re here to accommodate you.
- I am single and I don’t have a partner, what do I do?
What better way to attract that special someone than to sweep them off their feet on the dance floor? We don’t mind if you don’t have a partner; your private lessons are with an individual instructor. If you are a single male, we’ll provide you with a well-trained lady instructor. If you are a single female, then we’ll provide you with a well-trained gentleman instructor.
Group lessons are taken with other students at your level of dance knowledge, and you will dance with students of the opposite sex. During the practice parties, all of our students and instructors are encouraged to dance with all of the other students. This gives you experience dancing with other partners of many different skill levels. Dancing is a social activity, you should dance with many people and have a great time while you are doing so – we aim to help you achieve this goal.
- How much will it cost?
This is a difficult question to answer. What is your personal goal? What do you want to be able to do with your dancing? How many dances do you want to learn? Do you want to be able to just go out to clubs and join in, or will you get serious about your dancing and begin to compete? Each of these factors will influence the cost. Why not get started with a free introductory lesson to test the waters. Now you don’t have any excuse not to come visit!
- Why do I need to take lessons?
Dancing, and specifically ballroom dancing, is a combination of rhythm, movement, lead, follow, and choreography specific to each dance. You probably didn’t learn to ride a bike by watching a video tape, or learn to drive a car by reading a book. If you participated in any organized sports activities you probably had a trained coach that provided you with encouragement, motivation, and assistance. Dancing is much the same. We’ve got the coaches, you bring the feet.
- What dances can I learn?
Whatever is on your mind! Are you wanting to learn some Swing, Hustle, and Cha Cha so that you can go out to the clubs? We’ve got you covered. Do you want to learn a Waltz to dance with your new father in-law at your wedding? Yup, we can do that too. Do you want to do something that gets you out of the house, allows you to meet people, get some exercise, and have fun? Then you’ve come to the right place.You can listen to and learn about many popular dances on our styles page.
- Do you have programs for children?
While we do not currently have a kid's program we do have instructors who are capable of teaching younger students. Please call any of our locations to discuss the options we offer.
- Why should I choose Five Star Dance?
There are many reasons why Five Star Dance
is the right fit…
- While many studios teach dance, we at Five Star Dance teach you how to dance! Using our inter-related system of teaching, our syllabus will bridge many steps from various dances, giving you a solid dance foundation.
- Other studios make you pay a la carte for private lessons, group classes, and practice sessions. However, at Five Star Dance our group classes and practice sessions are included in all of our programs. Once you add up all the costs at other studios you’ll wind up paying much more than you would at Five Star Dance.
- We offer levels of instruction that build upon each other to help you reach your dancing goals. You can rest assured that our instructors are thoroughly trained to offer you appropriate guidance, no matter how thorough or sparse your previous coaching.
- We’re so confident that you’ll be satisfied with our studio, we offer a money back guarantee.